Four Blind Mice Studio started in the early 90’s and is still continuously growing steadily. FBMS won’t stop growing until they are the best educational software company in South Africa!
In the early 90’s, Four Blind Mice Studio (FBMS), was born. FBMS realized the need for a computer based training aid to help teachers and parents, as well as to help solve the ever increasing problem of reading (and understanding as well as comprehension). Starting from humble beginnings, FBMS formed a team by end of 1999. In 2000, they decided to take the plunge to reach their goals together.
Over the years, FBMS has experienced a lot of challenging times, but passion and persistence has got them to where they are today; already being the best at what they do and becoming the leading educational company in South Africa. FBMS has grown from a staff of 3 to a company occupying offices in Durban and Cape Town. Four Blind Mice has a passion that won’t stop and will continue to grow until we develop more competitive and exciting computer games, thus the best educational software company in South Africa as well as in the world.
The secret of the phenomenal growth of FBMS is the fact that continuous research is done to better the existing program and keeping up to date with changes in the educational system.
The exercises in Readers are Leaders have been specifically developed to accelerate the learning process. Each exercise was prepared and evaluated by professionals.
The integrated content editor allows the educator complete control over the content and nature of the exercises. Readers are Leaders is fully upgradable and is an indispensable teaching aid.
There are many wide-ranging applications for our software including:
- Adult literacy programmes
- Corporate training programmes
- Home schooling
- Re-enforcement of school work
Readers are Leaders ships with both English and Afrikaans content. New content is continually being added by our researchers and old content is updated.
Benefits of Readers are Leaders:
- Readers are Leaders has 15 levels of content, levels 1-12 catering for learners from Grade 1-12 and levels 13-15 for advanced reading
- The integrated content creation and editing facilities allow teachers and parents to add and edit their own or existing content
- Automatic advancing and preset sequences allow users to progress through the programme independently
- Depth of exercises ensures sufficient practice to achieve noticeable improvements
- Caters for both weak and strong users and thus reduces the pressure of learning
- The dynamic, fun and user-friendly interface stimulates the learners’ imagination and captures their attention
- Lessons are not time consuming, each one taking about 15-20 minutes to complete
- Learners are challenged to increase reading speed and to improve learning skills and results
- Readers are Leaders provides positive feedback. All results are captured automatically and accentuated with graphs
- The learner’s general knowledge is increased through the variety of topics
- Starting level is automatically determined by the calibration exercise
- Readers are Leaders is a great tool to assist parents to help their children help themselves
- Readers are Leaders can also be used to train staff in businesses and for Adult Basic Education and Training
- Contains both English and Afrikaans content