- The networked based version of Readers are Leaders is comprised of three components:
- The Server component, that acts as the file-server for the program.
- The Administration component (Comprising of both, the User Admin. and the Network Admin).
- The Client Component, which is where the reading program is actually run from.
- Each component is installed separately, using the same “Setup” program, but for each, the required installation Type is specified.
- A single, specific computer must be nominated by the client, to serve as the (database file) Server device. The Admin and Client may also be run from it.
- This computer’s computer-name (Host name), will serve as the “Server” name that the other networked computers will reference. It is also possible to use this computer’s IP number as the server-name.
- The “Server” runs a process, called “Dedicated Server” (It appears as “DServer” in the notification area), that enables other networked computers to access the database.
- This computer MUST be switched on, logged onto and “DServer” must be running on it, for the other networked “Client” computers to successfully run the program.
- The “Client” component only, is installed on all the licensed networked computers.
- A license is required per computer on which the software is installed.
- The invoice and software CD case will both contain the name and serial number with which the software was registered.
- The name and serial number MUST be entered EXACTLY as it is printed, when prompted for during installation, for the software to be successfully installed.
NB! For large installations, the “RAL.ini” file in the installation folder is generally edited, to reflect the server name (hostname or ip), registered username and the serial number, so that is does not have to be entered each time, for each Client computer.
- The following is an example of the RAL.ini file:[ProductSettings]Later1=YName=Registered User Name
PATH=C:\Program Files\Common Files